topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Inspiration in non-religious sense  (Read 2692 times)

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Inspiration in non-religious sense
« on: September 19, 2006, 03:59 AM »
The Fuss

My feed reader of the month had me read this article at mentalfloss. I don't watch TV at all, so I don't really know what the whole post is about.

studio60.jpgInspiration in non-religious sense

However, somehow I read the article, well at least the anecdote ;)

“I want to be a part of this”, Cliff said, “and I don’t have your head for science. How would it be if I taught myself to be a glassblower? And I could set up a little shop in the backyard. And I could make all the tubes you’ll need for testing.”

There oughta be Congressional medals for people like that.

The Inspiration

I like that anecdote. People simply helping other people the best way they can. I mean, this direct approach of saying "I don't really understand it, but I think you are doing something great" has a lot of charme.

This has inspired me to look out for people who might be doing great things (and even if its only great for them) and offering my help, my expertise.
:-)
hello mouser  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

And the second inspiration works the other way: recognize and acknowledge when people are trying their very best to help you because they think you are doing something great.
:-)
hello dad  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

The End

N/T  :P