ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What slows Windows down? See for yourself....

(1/5) > >>

KenR:
Results and Conclusions

So between the last page and what's about to come, there has been hours of gruelling testing going on. Believe me when I say that 8 hours of watching a virtual machine restart is not my idea of fun, but I think the results justify the means.

--- End quote ---

http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/other/what_slows_windows_down/3

from www.lifehacker.com

Carol Haynes:
LOL - another shot in the arm for Norton ;)

Quite surprised by VMWare though.

f0dder:
LOL - another shot in the arm for Norton ;)

Quite surprised by VMWare though.
-Carol Haynes (September 11, 2006, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
vmware runs a bunch of stuff on system startup, like the license service, NAT service, and some mount stuff...

mitzevo:
If you can avoid them, don't install an antivirus program (especially not Norton). That's not perfect advice for everyone, but if you've got an oodle of web-smarts, you should be able to spot what's bad and what's ok.
--- End quote ---

better to be safe than sorry. this is a universal fact.. haha, even experts make mistakes.. so I take this as stupid advice.

f0dder:
If you can avoid them, don't install an antivirus program (especially not Norton). That's not perfect advice for everyone, but if you've got an oodle of web-smarts, you should be able to spot what's bad and what's ok.
--- End quote ---

better to be safe than sorry. this is a universal fact.. haha, even experts make mistakes.. so I take this as stupid advice.
-mitzevo (September 12, 2006, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Especially since a trojan dropper could hide in an ad banner - either because the ad service doesn't check, or because an affiliate was hacked. And those sneaky bastards constantly find new ways of fooling ad blockers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version