topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CONTEST RESULTS HAVE BEEN PUBLICLY POSTED - VIEW  (Read 14964 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
CONTEST RESULTS HAVE BEEN PUBLICLY POSTED - VIEW
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:26 PM »
The official results for the C++ Builder Programming Contest have now been publicly posted:

http://bcbcontest.do...oder.com/results.php

Congratulations to all of the winners, and to everyone who entered.  There were a lot of great entries, and some extremely close calls; if you didn't win it doesn't mean you didn't create a great program!

For all those that entered - you should have received a few emails prior to seeing this announcement, regardless of whether you won or not;  if you didn't, please mail me [email protected].

Thanks again everyone for making the contest a success, including Borland and all of the other sponsors.  Don't forget to check out the discounts on bcb components in the child section of this forum.

-Jesse (mouser)

ps. See you at the next programming contest!

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
Re: CONTEST RESULTS HAVE BEEN PUBLICLY POSTED - VIEW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:30 PM »
... and thanks, mouser for hosting such a wonderful contest on DC, and taking the time to organise and review everything, and giving away such a wide array of prices!

:)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 03:00 PM »
I would also like to express my admiration of and congratulations to all who participated. The programs you designed are fantastic.

I am not worthy,
Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry - it was fascinating watching things develop and there were some really great ideas. Win or not you all deserve a big pat on the back. Well done Mouser too for the inspiration ;)

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Thanks too all the people that made this contest possible, Jesse from DonationCoder.com and all the people from Borland. This is a great achievement for me as I have never achieved anything like this before - being awarded for using my skills. It really means a lot to me.

I can't say Thanks enough to the people that made the contest possible so thanks again Jesse and Borland. I am very excited about it.

Competition was tough, there was a lot of good software in it and that is undeniable. I am just really glad I made it to the winning list.

Personally, I have spent so much time on this project. I work on it every day. Not just that, but I also have to do reseach myself - investigate the Win32 API and that takes a lot of time. Open up Microsoft's WIN32API help file and start exploring... If there was someone to tell me "this is the API you need to call" "This is what you need" it would have been much easier for me :) Also thinking of the design - where to put things, thinking which would be the best way to write the code plus work on my web site.

Really Thank you Jesse and Borland.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 04:29 PM by alexk »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:47 PM »
Winners can use the following images on their web page if they like:

https://www.donation...bcbprize_ribbon1.png

https://www.donation...bcbprize_banner1.png

(the first was created by hamradio, the second by me, both using nudone's logo as the base)