ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

(1/16) > >>

Wordzilla:
SpoilerWEBSITE: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/mobysaurus, http://www.mobysaurus.com

Direct Download: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/mobysaurus/moby_thesaurus.exe
Online Help: https://www.donationcoder.com/Help/6/

LATEST SOFTWARE RELEASE

v1.0.55 - 1/30/07

* Added: "Auto-run and Minimize-to-tray when Windows starts" option
* Additional options during installation
* Bug fix: auto-complete query

v1.0.5 - 1/14/07

* New feature: Auto-detect word spelling variants and inflectional forms
* Added Back/Forward buttons

v1.0.45 - 11/24/06

* Safe Search - allows you to show/hide vulgar and offensive words.   Thanks to Cavalcader and Tomos :Thmbsup:
* Improved error logging and reporting for troubleshooting and product support
* Auto-updater checker (if enabled) will only prompt once on the same day
* Fully remembers window status across sessions
* Menu bar items re-arranged
* Important Bug Fix     Thanks to our beloved mouser  :-*
Windows 98/SE Users:
A bug in the license management module of the previous Mobysaurus Thesaurus was found to cause the program to crash on load. This version addresses this issue.
Other operating systems are not reported to be affected by this bug.

v1.0.41 - 11/16/06

This release is intended to fix a bug in version 1.0.4 that might display annoying error messages in certain cases.

* Adds auto-complete feature
* Adds The Free Dictionary to Search Engines
* Allows looking up words and phrases in your default (external) browser easily via the menu bar or context menus
* Allows displaying more than one row of tabs, see "Options"
* Easily switch tabs with F1-F5 hotkeys
* "Shift + Enter to launch WordWeb" automatical tooltip is disabled

v1.0.37 - 11/06/06

* Performance improvements
* Improved updater module
* minor bug fixes

v1.0.36 - 10/24/06

* Changed wording: "root" -> "headword"
* Improvements and minor bug fixes

v1.0.35 - 10/19/06

* Added "Suggest Roots" tab for users to find desired roots easily
* Compacted database (size)

v1.0.30 - 10/10/06

* Faster startup
* Added ability to remember last search engine
* Added WordZilla to search engines
* Click to automatically select word, no need to double click now
* Removed "risky" collaborative editing link
* Minor bug fixes and improvements.

v1.0.27 - 9/23/06

* Added the ability to remember/restore the window size and splitter locations of the last session.
* Fixed a bug in wildcard search which may cause the program to fail.
* Some minor bug fixes and improvements.

v1.0.25 - 9/21/06

* Major addition: System-wide (customizable) hotkey support + auto-capturing highlighted word/phrase in almost any program.
* Faster start-up and better performance.
* Better WordWeb support. (now detects "system32" folder too, single instance lookup, close all WordWeb windows upon exit, etc.)
* Added "Close to Tray" option.
* Additional functions in sys tray shortcut menu.
v1.0.20 - 9/15/06

Thanks to Cavalcader and cemole

* Added WordWeb support.
* Improve suggestion-as-you-type feature for better performance.
* Added search query auto-completion function
* Added option to keep search history (both dropdown and in history tab) across sessions
* Added "Double click to display shortcut menu", "Look up in WordWeb" options
* Fixed an auto-updater bug.

Features:

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Mobysaurus Thesaurus - 1.0.55 - Jan 30, 2007

v1.0.15 - 9/11/06

* Added "Check for Updates" - with an option to auto-check for updates when idle.
* Fixed a bug which in some cases would cause the program to fail when launch from another program.
v1.0.10 - 9/7/06

Thanks to cemole

* Added "Minimize to Tray" Option
* Added auto-navigation after search
* Updated a few hard-coded web links
* Disabled auto-updater
v1.0.00 - 8/16/06

* Initial Release

cemole:
Mobysaurus,
Wow, there is already another update to 1.0.15 which includes a direct link to WordWeb which was suggested before. I think that's pretty nice for people who have it but not relevant for others.

cemole:
Is it possible to remember the last search engine for online look-ups? I guess everyone has their favorites and it may or may not be Wikipedia. Also I think it could be an option to whether to use the embedded browser within Moby T (which is good as a default) or use some other web browser.

And a personal request of mine maybe: Minimize to Tray on Close.

Thank you.

cemole:
There are many suggestions in Moby T for words one looks up. Sometimes it gets difficult to differentiate between words when they're all together, separated by a comma. I was wondering whether having a bold comma or listing words one under the other maybe in columns would be a easier on the eye to go through the list.
Thank you.

Wordzilla:
Mobysaurus,
Wow, there is already another update to 1.0.15 which includes a direct link to WordWeb which was suggested before. I think that's pretty nice for people who have it but not relevant for others.
-cemole (September 16, 2006, 08:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, since WordWeb has a very decent free version, very neat and fast, I think many ppl will take advantage of it.

It's a good thing that with wordweb installed, you can almost instantly look up unfamiliar words and phrase in WordWeb from the Mobysaurus Thesaurus program. Actually saves a lot of time for the user if he's got many unfamiliar words since he no longer has to switch windows or open some big bulky dictionary software which takes more than 5 seconds to load - WordWeb just pops up instantly.

Also wrt the Mobysaurus Dictionary, I'm yet to make actual plans for it, however definitely we r going to have one, and hopefully based on an online collaboratively maintained English dictionary database.

- Anderson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version