ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Text editor with good spell checker

(1/4) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
I've been using Polysoft's Crypt Edit 4.1 but the program's not been updated since Y2K.

Haven't found anything approaching this.

mouser:
We wrote a big review of text editors a while ago, but the program we recommended (Ultra Edit) doesn't have INLINE spellchecking.

Allen swears by EditPad Pro which does have inline spelling - might be worth the price of the program alone:
http://www.editpadpro.com/

allen:
Inline (and on demand as well) spell checking -- syntax aware spell checking, if you do a lot of coding (spell checks text blocks, ignoring code bits) and a really flexible/configurable editor.

It has a lot of features.  Another feature I feel is worth mentioning is its find/replace interface -- it's a resizable pane with multiple lines for find/replace text for better readability on bigger, more complex querries.  The find/replace dialog even has syntax highlighting for regular expressions.

It's sad. The application has been making me giddy for the better part of a decade.  Still under active development, the latest version is a real zinger -- while other editors seem to each have great features that differentiate them from the competition, EditPadPro seems to have them all.

Mouser--did I mention that the new version fully supports standard I/O calls to external applications/scripts? Seems that was a feature that was missing previously that you needed.

housetier:
I can't let this go past without mentioning vim :P I am a vim fanboi after all. The new version vim7 has (inline) spell checking support now as well!

Vim 7 is ready! After years of development this feature packed editor
is waiting for you.

Since Vim 6.4 many new features have been added. To mention a few:

- Spell checking support for about 50 languages
- Intelligent completion for C, HTML, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Tab pages, each containing multiple windows
- Undo branches: never accidentally lose text again
- Vim script supports Lists and Dictionaries (similar to Python)
- Vim script profiling
- Improved Unicode support
- Highlighting of cursor line, cursor column and matching braces
- Translated manual pages support.
- Internal grep; works on all platforms, searches compressed files
- Browsing remote directories, zip and tar archives
- Printing multi-byte text
--- End quote ---

Just to let you know  :D

However, you still should use what you are most comfortable with. And if your current editor is satisfying, don't change! I wouldn't switch to something else either.

Choice is Good!

sri:
PSPad. It has auto correction and spell checker. Free.

Here's a review: http://www.bestfreeapps.com/pspad.html.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version