topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: "Book maker" program-compiles documents to print in book form  (Read 7002 times)

n0name_04

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i just thought, how about if u make a program that compiles documents then automatically print it in sequenced pages similar to a book?u know, if you fold a paper in half then compile all the other pages in half,bind it, and there you go! a simple book. well it may sound ridiculous, but i know it will greatly help those people,especially students, who wants to compile their documents in book form. waddya think guys?? hope i helped! ur site rocks! keep it up!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: "Book maker" program-compiles documents to print in book form
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 01:00 AM »
this is actually a very nice program that i don't think gets the attention it deserves:

http://www.bluesquir.../products/clickbook/

ClickBook, a powerful yet easy-to-use printing utility, lets you print customized day planner pages, wallet booklets, church bulletins, brochures, greeting cards, posters, business cards, flipbooks, catalogs, banners, microfiche, CD covers and more from Internet, Windows, or CD-Rom files! ClickBook, helps you scale and rotate digital photos, e-mails, documents, favorite on-line content, or other critical information into 170+ mobile and convenient layouts. 

video demo: http://www.bluesquir...ml?Product=ClickBook

n0name_04

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 05:40 AM »
thanks sir mouser for the reply! haha, i'm currently downloading the program, although its just a shareware, i think it won't hurt if il give it a try. hhmm.. im currently thinking of other useful programs,more specifically, programs that are inclined to student's work. Well, as a student myself, i dont use my computer just for rubbish anymore like back when i was in highschool :D, but seriously, i think this "specific programs" will greatly appeal to a large population of students out there. I think focusing a part of your team on programs regarding student's work will be a great idea. :)

well, i'll just post here if another idea bumps my head!haha, keep it up! :Thmbsup:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 09:47 AM »
i just thought, how about if u make a program that compiles documents then automatically print it in sequenced pages similar to a book?

I had a good one for DOS, but Windows more or less broke it   :mad:

TxtPrint isn't quite what you want, but is part way there, and it's free.  Its focus is source code, and it tries to get more text on one side of the sheet rather than use both sides.

TxtPrint is a small application designed mainly for one purpose: Printing out text files.
By numerous settings, you will have precise control over the output. TxtPrint can be used to print all kinds of text files, but I think programmers printing out source code do appreciate the features most.

The main advantage with TxtPrint compared to standard text editors is the ability to divide the page in several columns and rows. This is very useful for saving paper and getting more text on a single paper.

Don't forget you'll (ideally) need a duplex-capable printer.  I.e., not all printers and papers are really suitable for use double-sided.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Does anybody know of a freeware alternative to ClickBook? I believe ClickBook is priced right for what it does, but I only very rarely need this capability and cannot justify the cost.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
do you perhaps have an old version of wordperfect sitting around? it did that kind of stuff pretty well as I recall