topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SUPER IMPORTANT NEW SITE FEATURE!!!  (Read 6701 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
SUPER IMPORTANT NEW SITE FEATURE!!!
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:30 PM »
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT:

Ok guys, we need your help with something new and important.

Today's review by nudone (7/11/05) marks the introduction of a new and criticially important feature on our site.

In an effort to reward and recognize the contribution of people who write content for the site, we are asking you to please, please, consider making a small donation directly to the author of this review.

You will see on the reivew page in the left sidebar and on very top and bottom of the review, a little $ symbol.  Click on that to view nudone's donation page and from there you can make a paypal donation to him very easily.  You will see this on many new reviews and coding snacks, etc.

Even if you only donate $1 that's fine.  and if you don't have a dollar to spare, send him an email telling him how much you like his work.  If it's a review that saves you a lot of time and really strikes your fancy, you might donate a little more.

The point is, we need your help in encouraging an atmosphere and attitude here where we all take seriously the idea of makeing microdonations every once and a while to people who contribute to this site.

This is the future of this site - the way we can grow and bring more people here and encourage more people to add new content.  if you like what we are doing, and the idea of voluntary donations, please put your money where your ideals are and show nudone a little bit of love for his work.  he's been contributing to this site every week with his blog columns, and he's never asked for anything in return.

And to new members who haven't yet joined the site by making a donation - please earmark a couple of the dollars you would normally have donated to the site and save it so you can donate it to individual authors (ps. our donation pages now all mention this).

We need your help to make this new idea work; we're not asking for much, just an occasional dollar or two to support those people who are adding content to the site, to show them how much they are appreciated and demonstrate that this approach to building a volunteer donation-based community can work!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SUPER IMPORTANT NEW SITE FEATURE!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 04:58 PM »
(direct link to nudone's donation page is here: https://www.donation...rs/index_nudone.html, and his image management review is here: https://www.donation...icsViewer/index.html)

AND:

i've also updated tenseiken's ftp server review with the link to his new donation page on donatincoder.com:
https://www.donation...index_tenseiken.html

tenseiken was the very first person to volunteer to do a guest review, and it wouldn't be fair for him to miss out on any donation love.

here's the pointer to his ftp server review in case you missed it:
https://www.donation...FtpServer/index.html

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:20 AM »
That's cool. Truly.

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 03:22 AM »
I've got to say that was a timely review put forth by nudone. I was beginning to wonder if my xnview was worth comparing against everything else out there the last couple months. I am more intrigued about the turnaround of this past version of acdsee now. At least I dont have to waste my time again on all the others out there. So thanks & I was happy to donate a tiny little something via this new feature.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 04:16 PM »
if anyone has donated in the past, and doesn't want to donate again to an individual author, but would like some of their original donation earmarked to go to individual authors, just email me and tell me how much of your original donation you want me to re-donate to an author, and specify who i should donate the money to, if you have a preference.

KiTTy

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • super goddess
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 09:51 PM »
2nd SUPER IMPORTANT NEW SITE FEATURE!!! >> I've joined :)) kekeke
Hugs little mouserp

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 08:18 AM »
welcome kitty :)

i've updated all of the donation pages to highlight the new idea of donating to individual authors, and the info page about it now contains direct links to all individual authors you can donate to.  This page will be updated as new people contribute to the site: http://donationcoder...e/Members/index.html