topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: HELP REQUEST: Finding Developer Related Sites that Accept Press Releases  (Read 3553 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I am so overworked that i'm going to have to start asking for some help with stuff around here..
I hope some of you will be willing to step up and take a more active role here..
By working together we can help find information for each other.

Ok for this request, I'm asking for help finding urls (or emails if no url available) of places that accept official "press releases" about developer news, for example (and most specifically) programming contests.

Press releases have a very specific form, and some sites accept and post them, and most dont.  So this is kind of a specific thing.

Here's an example of the kind of page im interested in:
http://codeproject.c...PressRelease/new.asp

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
heise publishers by far are the most important publishers in the German speaking IT/technology sector. I checked their contacts page to find how to submit press releases. Each editorial office has its own email adress:
  • c't the most popular of their magazines, very very influencial; everybody knows this magazine
  • iX less popular than c't, more business like, let's say more sophisticated; still very influencial
  • can't say anything about this
  • Telepolis can't say anything about this
Spiegel Online is the most viewed German general newssite. They outrank every other online news service. There cooperations with The New York Times (or so, dunno exactly), and there is a section called "Net World".
Back to the "IT sector": Golem is a good alternative to heise news. Here you will also find (p)reviews of games and other stuff such as hardware, as well as "hardcore" IT news.
Yes these are all .de email addresses but keep in mind that many Germans learn English in school and that the language of IT (internet technology) is in fact English; heise and spiegel both feature an English section/translation of their news; I am 100% positive the editors from golem also understand English.

These are top 3 most influential online publishers for the German market (which is the largest one within Europe). I can't wait to see donationcoder.com featured on spiegel's Net World :D :D