topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Webmail: Free, Simple Domain Name Spelling, and Nested Folders?  (Read 4566 times)

XMinus1

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I'm looking for free webmail with the characteristics I've listed below.  I'd like to establish a long term webmail provider (long-term=lifetime) so such things as organizational flexibility for mail storage is crucuial (see #3).

1.  Free (or at least very cheap)

2.  A simple, strightforward domain name (I once had an email address at Ureach, e.g. [email protected]:  when I told someone what my email address was I had to spell out the 'ureach' so that they wouldn't send it to 'youreach':  '[email protected]' is a perfect example of a simple, straightforward domain name)

3.  Nested folders, i.e. a storage system that can accomodate a hierchy of folders within other folders.  The flat hierchy of folders that services like Gmail and Yahoo provide will, eventually, become cumbersome.

4.  Large Capacity (250MByte at least)

5.  Long-term viability, i.e. no fly-by-night providers.

I know that I have some potentially conflicting requirements.  From what I've seen here at DC you guys can deliver the goods (if anyone can). 

Thanks.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Webmail: Free, Simple Domain Name Spelling, and Nested Folders?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:49 PM »
the flat folder heirarchy was my biggest gripe with gmail for the longest time, as I've traditionally been a very tedius mail organizer.  All these years and tens of thousands (or maybe hundreds of thousands) of messages later I only use organization (in any form) very losely and only for fairly specific frequently-accessed things.  Everything else I find is much faster to access via search than a tight folder organization could provide.

That said, I can't really help you here. I'm pretty out of the loop where current webmail clients are concerned, have been locked into gmail.

crono

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Webmail: Free, Simple Domain Name Spelling, and Nested Folders?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 07:15 PM »
The nested folders are the problem :( - How about getting some cheap Webspace, a Domain and running your own Webmail Client? squirrelmail Supports nested folders  (I think most IMAP clients do). No "big" freemailer (msn, yahoo, gmx, gmail)  supports nested folders I fear...