topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 2:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Capivara: an ftp/sftp synchronization tool  (Read 4360 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Capivara: an ftp/sftp synchronization tool
« on: September 08, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Good things come to those who wait. Fortunately you don't have to wait any longer. The new version of Capivara  (0.8.0) is out. What took me so long to release this version? Well, most of the time I did beta testing. Beta testing slows me down quite a bit. I added a few things that I always had in mind. There is "case insensitive" file system support and there is also an option to select the file system encoding. I have tested everything on my Linux box in my personal environment and I had sent the beta version of Capivara out to the translators for beta testing, but consider these new features as experimental. For additional information see ChangeLog.

Capivara is a two pane file manager with support for SFTP and FTP servers. Capivara is not an ordinary file manager because it adds synchronization features like comparing timestamps or SHA-1 hash values. The synchronization of Capivara has a preview mode to shows which files are going to be deleted or copied. The basic look and most key bindings are inspired by two file managers I really like to work with: mc and worker.

from freewareworldteam
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:29 PM by mouser »