ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What to you think of RealPlayer?

<< < (2/4) > >>

kimmchii:
The RealMedia format is the best, i download a lot from taiwan/china, all their torrensts are in rm format, i dont understand why the US/Europe hate the rm format, almost all of their releases are in avi.

and the player, real (and quicktime) alternative are lighter, better in every way, why bother with the original?

tomos:
and the player, real (and quicktime) alternative are lighter, better in every way
-kimmchii (September 08, 2006, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm curious, esp re quicktime (it now downloads with itunes i think it is - a big download & one i dont want),
what do you use kimmchii?

Edit: or is the name of it Real Alternative ??!!  :D

kimmchii:
Edit: or is the name of it Real Alternative ??!!  :D
-tomos (September 08, 2006, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
no, it's QuickTime Alternative, you can download it here.

QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt, .3gp and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages.

As a bonus, Internet Explorer will play all QuickTime movies that are embedded in a webpage. You do need a media player that is capable of playing QuickTime files. The included Media Player Classic supports it and works very well. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.

Some advantages compared to QuickTime player :

- Quick and easy install
- It's easy to make an unattended installation
- No background processes
- Use a player of your own choice
- Low on resources
- Smaller size

tomos:
no, it's QuickTime Alternative, you can download it here.
--- End quote ---
cheers,
got that!

on a totally unrelated note, I'm curious about your "footer":

form does not differ from emptiness,
emptiness does not differ from form.
that which is form is emptiness,  that which is emptiness form.

is that a quote from somewhere?
its a bit like that if you're drawing/sketching something - you draw the "something", you draw the spaces around it  - 
you draw the "form", you draw the "emptyness"  :)

kimmchii:
on a totally unrelated note, I'm curious about your "footer":

form does not differ from emptiness,
emptiness does not differ from form.
that which is form is emptiness,  that which is emptiness form.

is that a quote from somewhere?
its a bit like that if you're drawing/sketching something - you draw the "something", you draw the spaces around it  - 
you draw the "form", you draw the "emptyness"  :)
-tomos (September 08, 2006, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
:D, that's an interesting interpretation.
no, actually it's a quote from The Heart Sutra.

Emptiness

Emptiness is a key concept in Buddhist philosophy, or more precisely, in the ontology of Mahayana Buddhism. The phrase "form is emptiness; emptiness is form" is perhaps the most celebrated paradox associated with Buddhist philosophy. It is the supreme mantra. The expression originates from the Prajna Paramita Hridaya Sutra, commonly known as the Heart Sutra, which contains the philosophical essence of about six hundred scrolls making up the Maha Prajna Paramita.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version