ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Redbox only captures only works on second monitor

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
i was thinking that what you were saying about normally leaving one of the monitors turned off could be the clue, like if you start screenshots captor in the tray when one of the monitors is turned off, it might not realize the situation has changed when you turn the monitor on later.

Booma-Booma:
i was thinking that what you were saying about normally leaving one of the monitors turned off could be the clue, like if you start screenshots captor in the tray when one of the monitors is turned off, it might not realize the situation has changed when you turn the monitor on later.
-mouser (September 07, 2006, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

If that were the case then wouldn't a reboot solve that issue? I had rebooted the system a number of times in the course of trouble shooting this issue (installing updated drivers).

mouser:
yep it sure would - so would simply exiting screenshot captor completely and restarting it.

I've got a few more things i have to add to screenshot captor this month; after i'm done i'll come back to this and that will also give us a little time to find out if others may be suffering from the same problem.

question: if you capture a complete multimonitor workspace screenshot (ctrl+prtscr), from screenshot captor, does it work and grab both monitors?

Booma-Booma:
question: if you capture a complete multimonitor workspace screenshot (ctrl+prtscr), from screenshot captor, does it work and grab both monitors?
-mouser (September 07, 2006, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it does. Even in grabbing an object and selecting the desktop.

Is there any diagnostics that I can run in the mean time?

Booma-Booma:
Just a random thought but how is your screeen layout setup, i.e. is the secondary screen in the default position right of the primary screen. If not maybe this is an issue?
-Eóin (September 07, 2006, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know why I didn't just try it out. You are right. Since my secondary monitor is on the left of my primary monitor I switched them around and lo and behold the redboxes stated to show up correctly on both monitors.

It seems to have something to do with the order of the monitors. In my case, the secondary monitor is called "display 1" and the primary is called "display 2". I can't seem to get my lcd panel to be detected as "display 1".

Does this help?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version