Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 11:52:00 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Importing text  (Read 5213 times)
rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 06, 2006, 08:32:23 AM »

If you want to import existing text into fSekrit, you have to do it via the clipboard.  If you're running a clipboard enhancer, you have another security-vulnerable area.  Are there plans for a file browser to import text into fSekrit to avoid that?

Of course, if you have text on disk, I suppose that's vulnerable anyway, unless you use a secure deleter afterwards...

f0dder

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 05:02:47 PM »

I'm planning on adding file->import and file->export or similar for v1.2, actually. Partly because it's useful, partly because the win98 clipboard seems limited in how much text it can handle.

I hope to have v1.2 (or a beta) ready by the 15th.

- carpe noctem
rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:12:40 AM »

Just spotted your separate 1.2 announcement, thanks.

I think the Win98 clipboard is limited to 32K rather than 12, but I'm not sure.  I do know I couldn't get it to paste about 48K.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.023s | Server load: 0.35 ]