ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

New Visitors to Our Forum - Please Read This First

<< < (7/11) > >>

kosimov:
This site is refreshingly different.  Most other sites are, in effect, mirrors of each other, more or less....

BTW, I donated as soon as I looked around a bit, though it wasn't much.  I have been disabled for several years and have little income, but wanted to do my part as I plan to use this site until I wear it out!  I don't know what is here yet, except for the one program I was looking for, which led me here, but I had made up my mind a while ago that I would "support" the sites which were unique and seemed to have some good people who were courteous and sincere, etc.  I am looking forward to visiting here.  Warning: I tend to write LONG messages, if the subject strikes me, though I have figured out why and I hope to be cured soon.

Larry H.

Where do I find out how to use all the stuff above this message (well, it is there now as I type, but it may not show for you when you read this)?  I am a fairly serious computer guy, having done a lot of computer design, software, etc. (I started up some companies back in 1980's and, after quite a long time of inactivity due to illness, I am starting another soon, but I never have "gotten into" the social messaging arena.)  I tend to focus on the text, and by the time I am done with that, I am so worn out I don't want to work at formatting, images, etc.!  But, maybe I will learn here....

tomos:
hi Kosimov :)

Where do I find out how to use all the stuff above this message (well, it is there now as I type, but it may not show for you when you read this)?  I am a fairly serious computer guy, having done a lot of computer design, software, etc. (I started up some companies back in 1980's and, after quite a long time of inactivity due to illness, I am starting another soon, but I never have "gotten into" the social messaging arena.)  I tend to focus on the text, and by the time I am done with that, I am so worn out I don't want to work at formatting, images, etc.!  But, maybe I will learn here....
-kosimov (January 11, 2009, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Preview below "Quick Reply" brings you to full range of options
Tooltips show if you hold mouse over buttons

Top line is all text formatting -
Formatting can be added to text already typed - select text and click e.g. B for bold - or click B and simply start typing for bold

Second row:-
The important ones I find are

* the one with the globe on it for urls (now very user friendly, just click and add info as requested)
* the speech globe for adding a quote (or simply select text from another post that you want to quote, copy & then click quote button within that post - it should just quote copied text but doesnt always work
* List (bullets) is best add after creating a list (select text, click button)
* BBC button is for code
explore the rest and/or ask for help with specific ones if you need it
Tom

Edit/ In fact if you click "Quote" on the top of this post you will see the formatting I have used, of course that might just confuse lol
Edit2/ minor corrections

cyberdiva:
For quite some time, I've been trying to figure out what the little squares mean off to the left (just above the number of Posts).  I notice that the number of squares varies and seems to have nothing to do with the number of postings.  Also, at times the color varies as well.  I'd be most grateful for an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

PhilB66:
For quite some time, I've been trying to figure out what the little squares mean off to the left (just above the number of Posts).  I notice that the number of squares varies and seems to have nothing to do with the number of postings.  Also, at times the color varies as well.  I'd be most grateful for an explanation.

Thanks in advance.
-cyberdiva (January 12, 2009, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Explanation here

cyberdiva:
Explanation here
-PhilB66 (January 12, 2009, 05:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks very much, PhilB.  Now that I see where it is, I'm not surprised that I couldn't find it on my own!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version