ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Search inside Fsekrit?

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
Hm, I still get v1.0 - possibly a cache issue, though?

Btw, could you retain the version number in the zip name? That'd definitely resolve any cache issues :)

mouser:
there is a real problem with putting version # in filename, it breaks all offsite download links, pad file, etc.

ps. i get v1.1 when i download.

f0dder:
there is a real problem with putting version # in filename, it breaks all offsite download links, pad file, etc.

ps. i get v1.1 when i download.
-mouser (September 06, 2006, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hm yes, I can see that - bummer. Probably firefox (or fasterfox...) messing up and caching too much. And now the donationcoder DNS is fubar here again, *sigh* - this post is only possible because of agressive DNS caching by... firefox or fasterfox :)

olaer069:
got the update, thx

I will probably be looking at the slickrun replacement someday when I have a lot of time

I hate to be like this :-) but the search window is quite commonly right on top of the text you just found and you dont know if it's the right spot or a preceding one with the same textstring since the window blocks the view. --> common annoyance

I guess putting the window in the lower right corner is tricky since the XY-coords starts from the upper left corner and you just dont know how big screensize your average user has.

If you have unlimited time I'd really like a firefox-type GUI on the search function, but thats of course generic enduser feedback rather than any type of request.

Oh another feedback thing, my Fsekrit doesn't realize that my WinXP taskbar is two rows tall, it always starts in fullscreen minus one row on top and one below. I guess this is a feature which is still static rather than dynamic.

nice app

cheers

Erik

f0dder:
Thanks for your feedback, Erik - always appreciated!

The search window currently just uses windows default positioning. I guess I could move it to the bottom-right of the fSekrit window? Or top-right? That should be possible without too much hassle.

Firefox-style search is a bit out of the scope of fSekrit, at least for now. It would require a bunch of code, whereas I'm trying to depond on "standard functionality" to keep size down. I do *like* firefox-style search, though :)

As for the taskbar thing, fSekrit doesn't take anything like that into consideration - it simply tries to center itself on the main desktop. Or at least that's what it's supposed to do ;). Default window size is 640x480, which fits even in 800x600 resolution, I don't think anybody runs a smaller resolution than that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version