ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

HotKey feature being added to Find&Run

(1/1)

mouser:
I have generally held off on adding the ability to add custom hotkeys to launch applications to f&r, thinking that that would be better left to dedicated hotkey utilities.

But i've decided that f&r can offer something somewhat unique to this picture so i have started to add it; any suggestions are welcome.

Basically what i am planning on adding is a "HotKey" tab to the options dialog where you can specify combinations of SearchText and Hotkey.

So for example, you could say that hitting Alt+M should invoke f&r and start searching as if you typed "mp3"

You will also be able to use this to trigger aliases, so that alt+B could invoke f&r and start with the alias group of "Backups" to choose from  (if you don't know what aliases are in f&r they are basically just a list of programs under a group heading, like a menu).

so in other words, hotkey support will just invoke f&r and then start the search going with some pretyped text; very simple and very flexible.

kfitting:
could you give the option to go one step further and actually launch a program right away?  For example, before I used FindRun I used another program for hotkeys.  I would press Win+C and Opera would come up; Win+A and Xplorer2 came up.  I guess I am somewhat skeptical about just starting a search... could be just my naivete!  While I think this "starting a search" could be a neat idea, could we alos have the option to make the hotkeys launch a program?

Kevin

mouser:
ok i will add that too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version