ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: reopen recently opened explorer windows, history, MRU

<< < (5/8) > >>

SirSmiley:
If there were a folder on my system that continually got updated w/ shortcuts to folders (including Special Folders) I accessed recently it seems like that might be used toward the end in question, but I don't know of one.  Or may be there is some way to apply this app appropriately that I'm not seeing...
-ewemoa (November 05, 2008, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, hadn't noticed that Special Folders aren't put until after I attached it to the context menu using Fast Explorer (just for fun). Definitely a useful idea if something contained everything.

SleepingWolf:
Also check-out FileBox eXtender by Hyperionics.

SleepingWolf:
Doesn't the Skrommel meister have a "gone in 60 seconds" type program with roughly this functionality?
-SleepingWolf (November 05, 2008, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed -- and cleverly hidden away using invisible digital ink in one of my earlier posts in this thread the master's work is subtly alluded to ;)
-ewemoa (November 05, 2008, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That stuff works every-time doesn't it! Back to wearing my blind-man shades for me I think... 8)

MilesAhead:
I have a freeware that fits the category. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles desired but it's a simple 10 Folder MRU list.  The download also comes with a sort of Dialog launcher for launching multiple programs, but you can choose to only install the XMon explorer monitor.  Here's the link:

http://www.favessoft.com/xmon.zip

(The previous design tended to flush out the MRU queue with similar entries as you clicked down into the folder chain.  I modified it to use a weighting scheme to remedy the effect.  Now folders are only reported if they are active for some time.)

MilesAhead:
I updated XMon explorer folder monitor to v. 2.11
The new version has an automatic vertical scrollbar and
a spin button so that the user may adjust the maximum
number of folders in the MRU list. The range is from 4
to 64 folders.

Here's a new screen shot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version