ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: reopen recently opened explorer windows, history, MRU

<< < (4/8) > >>

SirSmiley:
My computer crashed over a week ago but, I did have folders and app's showing in recent document's. I'm pretty sure the app's options was a tweak I found at Kelly's Corner. Can't remember where I found the folder tweak.

Edit: Okay, I think the folder's are listed under Recent folder's but, not displayed in the start menu. MenuApp will show everything in the recent folder and instruction's are provided for setting up special folders. It may even be portable? The only annoyance is that it repeatedly replaces itself in the startup folder.

SleepingWolf:
Doesn't the Skrommel meister have a "gone in 60 seconds" type program with roughly this functionality?

ewemoa:
Thanks for the suggestion of MenuApp.

I'm taking a look now -- one thing that caught my attention is:

MenuApp configuration is controlled by an "ini" file called MenuApp.ini, which is created automatically when you first run the program.

The file lives in your LOCAL_APP folder in a subfolder called MenuApp.

On Windows XP this will be:

"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\MenuApp".
--- End quote ---

This was sounding like bad news for my portable set-up.  However, further reading turned up:

menuApp can be run from removable media like a USB drive.

To get this to work you need to put the menuApp ini file in the same folder on the USB drive as the menuApp.exe. menuApp will use this rather than the ini file in the LOCAL_APP folder.
--- End quote ---

:)

The only annoyance is that it repeatedly replaces itself in the startup folder.
-SirSmiley (November 05, 2008, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was looking at the ini file and it looks to me like there is an 'AutoStart' setting under the [Server] section -- may be that can be used to disable this behavior.

As to applying to the issue of opening recently opened (closed?) Windows Explorer windows though, I'm not sure how I'd get that to work out:

MenuApp displays the contents of the folder in which it is run.
--- End quote ---

Although MenuApp does seem to have some way of listing Special Folders, this appears to be based on setting up a shortcut for each Special Folder beforehand:

MenuApp knows about some special folders which are displayed using a command line parameter.

The format for this is:

"C:\Program Files\MenuApp\MenuApp.exe" -X

where X is one of the following values: ...
--- End quote ---

If there were a folder on my system that continually got updated w/ shortcuts to folders (including Special Folders) I accessed recently it seems like that might be used toward the end in question, but I don't know of one.  Or may be there is some way to apply this app appropriately that I'm not seeing...

ewemoa:
Doesn't the Skrommel meister have a "gone in 60 seconds" type program with roughly this functionality?
-SleepingWolf (November 05, 2008, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed -- and cleverly hidden away using invisible digital ink in one of my earlier posts in this thread the master's work is subtly alluded to ;)

lanux128:
lanux128 mentioned GoneIn60s elsewhere and that happens to cover one of the main situations I wanted so I may just use that for a while.  Perhaps studying its source will inspire a future tool or an enhancement-ewemoa (November 05, 2008, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, as mentioned in the chat-room. i hope you get inspired enough to write this program by studying Skrommel's work. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version