ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: reopen recently opened explorer windows, history, MRU

<< < (3/8) > >>

lanux128:
i think this program has been mentioned before - Folder View.

Recent Menu
And the bonus is: the recent folders menu. The toolbar and the three menus all contain a special 'Recent Menu', which remembers your most recently used folders. This menu makes it for example very easy to reopen a folder you accidentally closed. Or to save a file inside the last folder you opened. Or to move a file to the last folder you accessed. Very quickly. -website
--- End quote ---

another program you can try is RecentX.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the pointers -- will take a look :)

yksyks:
QTTabBar records the history of closed Windows Explorer windows.

RecentFilesView displays the list of all recently opened files and folders.

Both freeware and highly recommended.

ewemoa:
@lanux128: I think somehow my system and FolderView don't get along so well -- RecentX I hope to try when I have enough resources to invoke VirtualBox :)

@yksyks: Thanks!  RecentFilesView seems nice, but it doesn't seem to list everything (e.g. I used Windows Explorer to visit C:\Documents and Settings via My Computer but the former (as well as the latter) don't seem to appear).  Regarding QTTabBar, this I also hope to try via VirtualBox :)

ewemoa:
RecentX works better than some of the alternatives, but it doesn't seem to record things like "My Computer", "My Network Places", "Entire Network", etc.  I suppose one might say those aren't folders, but they do show up via Windows Explorer...

I looked into QTTabBar a bit and unfortunately I'm currently in the no-.NET-if-possible phase of my life as I'm experimenting with trying to have as few non-portable apps as possible.  If I grow out of this phase, I might consider it in the future :)

lanux128 mentioned GoneIn60s elsewhere and that happens to cover one of the main situations I wanted so I may just use that for a while.  Perhaps studying its source will inspire a future tool or an enhancement  ;)

Thank you both again for your suggestions!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version