ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: reopen recently opened explorer windows, history, MRU

<< < (6/8) > >>

rgdot:
Powerpro's *Menu Explorer Last Accessed or Utility Launch Menu --->Recent docs too

apogee22:
FileBox Extender provides a recently used Folder list. That Useful free program was suggested to me here when I wanted something to open all explorer type dialogs in detail mode. I would say FileBox Extender is a must have.

ewemoa:
Today I learned something related to this idea while trying out some NirSoft tools.

One of the tools is called "ShellBagsView" and within a corresponding .chm file there is this text:

Each time that you open a folder in Explorer, Windows automatically save the settings of this folder into the Registry. This utility displays the list of all folder settings saved by Windows. For each folder, the following information is displayed: The date/time that you opened it, the entry number, display mode (Details, Icons, Tiles, and so on...), the last position of the window, and the last size of the window.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps leveraging this information would allow an approach that doesn't try to periodically monitor what Windows Explorer is doing.

MilesAhead:
Since my posts on this thread I've authored 2 Hotkey type apps for this purpose.

1 just monitors folders(FolderCache), the other folders and programs(ReOpen.)

Yes they monitor the active window, but the monitoring is very cheap.
Usually task manager shows them below 1% CPU usage.

In fact I've just made improvements to both that haven't showed up on
Softpedia yet since it's the weekend.  You can download the latest of
both from my hotkeys page:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

I just added F1 help to both while the Popup Window is showing.  By default F1 displays
the Readme file, but if you have TreePad Lite 3 or higher installed, it shows a
TreePad help file.  The TreePad file is much easier to navigate and better organized.

Here's a screen shot of the TreePad Help for ReOpen:

ewemoa:
He he, MilesAhead, I confess I have been a FolderCache user for a bit :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version