ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Note Taking Software

SuperboyAC's Notetaking Software Roundup #1

<< < (13/13)

cranioscopical:
I've been using Surfulator but I'm wondering if Evernote, either v2.2. or v3, is quicker to load. Any thoughts on that, superboyac?
-nudone (April 28, 2009, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
FWIW, Surfulater 3.00.10 here.  Starts in under 2 seconds but it's a small database (2.5MB).

nudone:
if i close the databases and just use the default (help) knowledgebase then it starts up quickly. so, i think it just must be the number of large images i've got in all of the other knowledgebases.

i may use Evernote for a specific type of 'note' instead, i.e. notes that i create myself rather than pages grabbed from the net - that's a decent compromise.

CodeTRUCKER:
Folks, I am not an Evernote champion, but let us not forget that EN can identify "text" within graphics.  This means that if you find a picture of the '60's protesters carrying signs that say "Viet Nam Hurts!", , etc. and a year later you remember some aspect of that photo you were touched by, you will be able to search on the "text" in the picture to locate that item.  The results are also lightning fast.  !=  

<broken record>
I want to reiterate that if you are using 2.2, you will never lose a keystroke if the BSOD, etc. comes to call.  I don't know how EN does it without affecting the performance, but they do!  I am a strong fan of EN 2.2, but you can have 3.0! :down:
</broken record> 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version