ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Note Taking Software

SuperboyAC's Notetaking Software Roundup #1

<< < (11/13) > >>

superboyac:
Well, I finally tried evernote v3.  It's not bad, most of the functionality of v2 is still there.  I couldn't really see anything missing.

My feelings...eh, I'll pass.

The whole account thing turned me off.  Premium account for extended image support.  More online space.  I'm sure 500 MB is enough for almost everyone, but I just didn't like the feel of it.  And it's not completely optional.  You have to have an account to use it.  I still hate all applications that are tied to the web.  I just don't like it, even if I don't have a great reason for it.

I'll stick with 2.2, it has a beauty and simplicity to it.

nudone:
I've been using Surfulator but I'm wondering if Evernote, either v2.2. or v3, is quicker to load. Any thoughts on that, superboyac?

tomos:
I've been using Surfulator but I'm wondering if Evernote, either v2.2. or v3, is quicker to load. Any thoughts on that, superboyac?
-nudone (April 28, 2009, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
Which version of Surfulator nudone?
I'm using Surfulator (last Version 2) - it starts as quickly as Evernote 2.2 here - although the first start of Evernote seems to be slower than subsequent starts (i.e. Evernote is then quicker - but the difference wouldnt bother me anyways)

Havent tried Evernote 3.

I'd like to try out CintaNotes as a possible replacement for Evernote ...

nudone:
it's the latest version of Surfulator, tomos...

i just tried it; it takes about 12 seconds to finish loading (with four knowledge bases), and that's on a dual core 4800 amd chip with raid striped raptor drives. there are a lot of pictures in the things i've grabbed though - maybe that's why it seems slow - or, i admit, maybe i'm being too picky.

edit:
i'd like to use Surfulator to keep quick and simple notes but when it takes 12 seconds to load up it's not really convenient - that's why i was wondering if EasyNote would be a better choice. i could leave Surfulator running in the background i suppose but, by some strange coincidence, my (vista) machine has just blue screened (which it never does) whilst running Adobe Illustrator and Surfulator at the same time.

rjbull:
I'd like to try out CintaNotes as a possible replacement for Evernote ...
-tomos (April 28, 2009, 03:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a simple application that doesn't do more than text, but I'm intrigued by the latest version of Notesholder, because it gives you a hotkey which will save the latest clip from the clipboard as a new note - and the nice bit is that if the clip was made from a browser (don't know how many are supported) it will include the URL of the page the clip came from.  Even the freeware Lite version does this now, and both Pro and Lite can be installed as portable, too.  The Pro version will be on Bits Du Jour on Sunday 3d May.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version