ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Note Taking Software

SuperboyAC's Notetaking Software Roundup #1

<< < (7/13) > >>

tomos:
I've been looking for a good notetaking software for a long time.  I've tried the top 3, and decided on Mybase.
The only problem is to use it at multiple computers and keep it in sync, I had to keep the DB on a USB stick.  Then, I was informed by my boss, that it was against our security policy and I could get fired!

I'm now working with InnoKB which is the server version of Mybase and hopefully this will work out for me.

Can you include online/sync/portability features in the next roundup?  I'm not sure if InnoKB is the only one that can do this.
-leisenstein (February 29, 2008, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

have you had a look at General brainstorming for Note-taking software,
and SQLNotes...what is it exactly? if you interested in databases

PPLandry:
I've been looking for a good notetaking software for a long time.  I've tried the top 3, and decided on Mybase.
The only problem is to use it at multiple computers and keep it in sync, I had to keep the DB on a USB stick.  Then, I was informed by my boss, that it was against our security policy and I could get fired!
[...]
Can you include online/sync/portability features in the next roundup?  I'm not sure if InnoKB is the only one that can do this.
-leisenstein (February 29, 2008, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

SQLNotes will support Ecco-style off-line / sync.

For those that haven't used Ecco, it had outstanding on-line/off-line capabilities. It was used when working on multiple computers (sync between home and work computers) but also as a collaborative tool, to behave as a network (i.e. share information and allow private items) with live updates.

p.s. I'm the designer of SQLNotes

superboyac:
SQLNotes will support Ecco-style off-line / sync.
-PPLandry (March 14, 2008, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
That would be a feature to die for.

CodeTRUCKER:
superboyac, just a tag here since I just now read your review.  Nice job! :Thmbsup:

One thing about Evernote (not the web version out now, but the one you had to download and install) that is not documented is its ability to save in real time. 

I have never lost any keystroke when the screen went the BSOD-ish shade of blue! :)  So, if one needs to have the assurance that what is being typed will not be lost, then Evernote is the ticket.  I just wish it could copy down music notation too!

superboyac:
superboyac, just a tag here since I just now read your review.  Nice job! :Thmbsup:

One thing about Evernote (not the web version out now, but the one you had to download and install) that is not documented is its ability to save in real time. 

I have never lost any keystroke when the screen went the BSOD-ish shade of blue! :)  So, if one needs to have the assurance that what is being typed will not be lost, then Evernote is the ticket.  I just wish it could copy down music notation too!

-CodeTRUCKER (April 16, 2009, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah yes!  Evernote 2.2...it was a great application.  i still use it.  I wish they never went web only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version