ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Note Taking Software

SuperboyAC's Notetaking Software Roundup #1

(1/13) > >>

mouser:
A preview version of SuperboyAC's new review, The Notetaking Software Roundup #1, is now online here:

* https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/NoteTakers1
NOTE: It is only currently readable by donating members of the website; it will be made public in about a week after it has been edited based on feedback here.

Congratulations to SuperboyAC on what is an impossibly difficult subject to review, as we have discussed on the massive Note taking Brainstorm Thread here (longest thread on the forum):

* https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2362.0
Please show your support by sending SuperboyAC some credits, and by all means post your dissenting reviews on his conclusions.

The field of note taking software is huge, and constantly changing. Different people have vastly different preferences of one tool over another. Because of this we have decided *not* to give out awards in this category as we normally do in our shootout reviews.

In recognition of the difficulty and subjectivity of judging note taking programs, we have decided to forgoe our normal comprehensive shootout comparison, and instaead invite our reviewers to express their own personal summaries of the software they have tested. This Notetaking Roundup represents the first of these summaries.

nudone:
fantastic. i've glanced over it but will read properly later.

congratulations to superboyac - i can see that it must have been an ordeal to do.

great to see a major big review back again on DC too.  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
i must take the blame for not putting this up earlier; i've been a bit overworked and the truth is SuperboyAC sent this to me a long time ago.

I'm going to try to make my way through the backlog this month and get up another couple of reviews that have been waiting in the wings, some of which require more editing than others..  What we really need is a brave soul to take over Review Editing/Formatting duties, and then we'd have the Review problems half-way licked..

Of course i'll just say again, the other main way we can show the reviewers how much we appreciate their work is to send them a few credits (at the top left of each review is a link to donate to the reviewer).

nudone:
message to superboyac - what happened to TexNotes (Pro) http://www.gemx.com/texnotes.php

app103:
WOW!

Great work in putting that all together. Job well done. I know I couldn't have done it. Credits are on their way!  :Thmbsup:

The whole thread on note taking programs was a bit overwhelming for me to read & keep up with, but was a valuable source of info in my quest for the perfect sourcecode organizer, which I still haven't found.

A Google search for sourcecode organizers lead me to that thread back in February, and it was how I originally found this site.

It's great to see it finally in a format where people can handle that vast wealth of info.

I am totally impressed!

Comments:

Might be nice to include all of the programs that are in the first table in the feature table too, and not just the big 3. Maybe list the big 3 first and then the rest, and make the big 3 a dif color than the rest to make them stand out.

I really liked the Frankenote section. (so who is going to volunteer to write that? mouser?) :tellme:

1 very minor prob that is easily fixed: broken image in the MyBase section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version