ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

raid 0 - lots of fun

(1/5) > >>

nudone:
woke up this morning, turned computer on and up came a message:

"you are an idiot, you are using raid 0, something is about to fail, back up your data now."

(at least, that's the way i remember the message.)

great. this pc isn't even 12 months old and it's started acting stupid. oh well, time to start backing things up - start again and realise i forgot to back something up.

nudone:
ha, ha, it's worse than i thought. just read the message again and it might be nothing to do with my raid 0 drives - it might be one of my drives that i use to store all my important files - i don't have room to transfer all these files elsewhere.

f0dder:
Crikey :/

If it's failing hard, rush off to get some replacement drive... and either power off and don't turn on till you got it, or keep it running but with no disk activity on the failing drive :/

mouser:
go buy yourself an external usb hard drive NOW and use it to back up stuff asap.

And for god sake: rescue all furry birds whose names start with C first.

nudone:
i've managed to find a couple of old drives, so i've got about 180 gig of free space - should be enough for me to back the most important stuff - i hope.

what annoys me most of all is that the drive that is on it's way out can only be less than 9 months old. also, i've got fans inside the machine to cool them down a bit, so i really don't see why they should be playing up.

any recommendations on how to work out which drive it is - when i booted up it said channel 5 master is dodgy - there are four drives in the machine and i haven't a clue which is on channel 5. i mean without physically disconnecting the drives - i'd like to just see which is which whilst i'm using windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version