ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Feature requests for The Form Letter Machine

(1/4) > >>

escalona:
The Form Letter Machine is a great program.  :up: :up:  :Thmbsup:
Here are some feature requests or ideas. Some are maybe difficult to implement. I hope other people will also give there opinion on this requests/suggestions.. If extra donations are needed for this, I like to support!  :D

* Rich text items. RTF blocks possible.
* Pre-defined variables, like %currentdata-short%, %currentdata-long%, %currenttime% (including preferences for which date notation).
* possible to use simple if then structure like: <<%sexe%=M,his,here>> in a text block
* Conditional text block. If an option is selected in a previous block then this block will be shown.
* possible to create a library of text blocks, you can use in a new tree and/or copy paste tree elements from one tree to an other tree
* or/and possible to connect to an other group/block
* Export a tree to XML/RSS (for building knowledge tree's)
* Import text in a block
* A Wizard who "step" through the Tree and give the user the option to file in the "blanks". Starts with the variables who need to be filled and then every group in a new screen.
* Startup options, to start the program with a named Tree (wizard). Like TheFormLetterMachine.exe -t "MS Word Issue"
* Better support for non English language

Regards,
Bob Hillesum

mouser:
great! been hoping for some more suggestions for the form letter machine.
some good suggestions here, many similar to some stuff i've been thinking about.. i'll try to work on some of these.

mouser:
Startup options, to start the program with a named Tree (wizard). Like TheFormLetterMachine.exe -t "MS Word Issue"
--- End quote ---

already supported, see help file for commandline parameters.

escalona:
Startup options, to start the program with a named Tree (wizard). Like TheFormLetterMachine.exe -t "MS Word Issue"
--- End quote ---

already supported, see help file for commandline parameters.
-mouser (September 04, 2006, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, great!

Bob

mouser:
please keep up the suggestions - i love having ideas suggested i can choose from, and i like the idea of extending the form letter machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version