topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Getting ready to fresh install of Windows,concerned about activation scheme.  (Read 4367 times)

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
First off i'm a legit owner of Windows Xp Pro.A few weeks ago i was forced to activivate (genuine advantage crap) my PC.I just bought a new internal DVD burner and have messed around with a lot of software over the past year and even though i got a grip of registry cleaners and i comb through my registry with regedit i want a nice fresh start.
In short has anyone out there run into problems doing a second activivation,i got my key and all that good stuff.

Little rant,i hate online activation schemes.Google earth plus gave me a pop up saying it had been installed too many
times,i resolved it with a simple email.The software wasn't installed too many time it's just when i upgrade,well,i don't upgrade, i rip the old version completely out of my system and install the brand spankin new one.I'm worried
about my Divx Pro doing this as well.   

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you haven't activated WindowsXP Pro in the last 90 days then there will be no problem. The activation systems resets every 90 days so it should just be a case of online activate (about 3 mouse clicks).

If it is less than 90 days then you will probably be OK, but if you have installed more than once in the last 90 days you will probably have to phone MS. It is a toll free call and it takes a few minutes btuit shouldn't be a problem.

I have activated my copy of Windows about 10 times now, last times 4 times in one day - and it never caused any problems!

When I activated 4 times in one day I installed 4 copies side by sude on my computer. I called the activation line and they activated three copies at once for me when I explained what I was doing!

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Very Cool,thank you for response.