topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Setting a short delay for pasting into an active window?  (Read 6893 times)

JEdwardP

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Setting a short delay for pasting into an active window?
« on: September 03, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Hey Mouser,

Is there a way to set a delay --- say, 2 seconds --- before CH+S pastes a clip into a window? The clipboard extender I previously used did this, and having this ability meant the paste virtually ALWAYS ended up going where one needed it to go, because one had time to place an active cursor in the appropriate window or text box.

Currently, using CH+S, I find that more often than not, the paste fails, simply because I don't have time to place the cursor in the target box. Of course, even in these cases the clip in question is at least copied to the active clipboard, from which a standard left-click-menu paste can be done, but a brief delay in shooting the clips to the active window would be handier still, and very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
Did you know me when I was human, or had I already mutated into this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Setting a short delay for pasting into an active window?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 09:26 PM »
i think this would actually be a good general solution - though i hope to find a better more reliable solution that will work without having to configure a delay.  however i will add an option to specify a delay in the next few days.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 03:22 PM »
There is a delay already isn't there? I've actually complained about this particular feature in the past ;) Personally I'd prefer it if there wasn't a delay at all. Mind you, this is for "traditional" clipboard monitoring, not using the spell-feature. But I think you've already taken note of my request, mouser.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 03:43 AM »
the new beta version tries to do superfast paste now;
JEdwardP i think perhaps the solution is not to try to trigger a paste and then quickly switch to target window, but rather to FIRST click in target window, then bring up chs and tell it to send a clip to last active window.

JEdwardP

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Mouser, I'd already tried that as a solution before I ever brought this up. At best, it only works intermittently. The only other pseudo-solution I could think of was to use the "keep on top" setting for the CH+S window, which DOES allow what you're talking about to work, even though I generally dislike needing to use ANY app. window in a keep-on-top mode.

The really annoying thing about this, however, is that the "keep on top" setting turns itself off whenever CH+S is terminated, which for me means having to reset it every morning when I reboot to begin the workday.

Jim
Did you know me when I was human, or had I already mutated into this?

superticker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Superticker's SU reviews about technology
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 01:36 AM »
... [Clipboard Help+Spell does a] super fast paste now; ... FIRST click in target window, then bring up chs and tell it to send a clip to last active window.
Well, whatever you did, CHS v1.11.01 works great now.  You can mark my paste-to-last-active-window bug report resolved.  Thanks for fixing it!

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 03:42 PM »
the new beta version tries to do superfast paste now;
Thank you thank you!  ;D