mouser....IT WORKS! You did it!
I installed the beta version you linked in your last post and everythings works great! I tried all 3 forms (Standalone, Tray/Main App, Tray/Trigger), tested all 4 types of shortcuts I mentioned in my last post, before during and after running f&r, and the ONLY curiousity that came out of it (and this is VERY inconsequential, and perhaps something I can solve on my end) is that when I launched the little calendar app on my desktop, it launched as though it was the first time it had ever been launched, without some permanent entries I had written to it. Yet, when I launched the calendar directly from the desktop shortcut, it worked fine (i.e., nothing had been changed to its config file). Believe me, this is nothing.
Find & Run, in the present form on my computer, is now everything I had hoped for. I'm extremely impressed with your ability to quickly address the issue and to solve it.
One more thing I'll try yet, to see if it makes any difference, is to pack the executable. This is something I do to virtually all exe's on my hard drive, using Aspack. It began when I had an old computer with a small HD, so I tried to save every byte of space I could. Now, it's just a habit, but in some cases the apps seem to launch faster. Actually, I'll do it right now to see if that changes anything.....
Nope, everything still works fine. The Find and Run Robot executable is now 394 Kb, down from 1262 Kb.
Let me know if there are any more tweaks you'd like for me to test. It seems like we're on a roll now (that's an editorial "we", as you're doing all the programming!).