ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Open/Save Dialog Utilities - response to Nudone's Blog from May

<< < (8/10) > >>

rjbull:
In Total Commander  http://www.ghisler.com  I can just press Control-D and it pops up a list of favourite directories...  and if I want to navigate to another dirctory, press Alt-F10 and start typing the partial directory name.  With slight variations on hotkeys, pretty much standard features of Norton Commander clones.

mouser:
just my 2cents since its easy to confound favorite directories w/ the main thing these programs add, imho.
having something let you pick from your favorite directories to go to is nothing to me.
what's key is the ability to go to your favorite programs from within the file open/save dialog of any application, which is what these dialog extenders do.

rjbull:
what's key is the ability to go to your favorite programs from within the file open/save dialog of any application, which is what these dialog extenders do.
-mouser (September 13, 2005, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
I launch my favourite, or in some cases <sigh> not-so-favourite programs from a program launcher, usually Horst Schaeffer's QSEL 
http://home.mnet-online.de/horst.muc/

What have I missed?

mouser:
i use a launcher too - but the open/save dialog things are completely different -
what they do is let you quickly jump to your favorite directories from open/save dialogs.

for example lets say you are using your word processor, you click open,
and up pops file open dialog.  tools like Filebox Extender and others discussed by nudone add a button to these file open  dialogs that lets you quickly jump to your favorite folders to choose the file to open.
they also can expand the size of the dialogs and switch them into certain modes, like details mode.

rjbull:
i use a launcher too - but the open/save dialog things are completely different -
what they do is let you quickly jump to your favorite directories from open/save -mouser (September 13, 2005, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see, thanks.  I just don't seem to have a desperate need for that.  Maybe because I still use DOS programs as much as possible  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version