Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 21, 2014, 01:26:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mini review: toDoList  (Read 11263 times)
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:22:49 PM »

Hi,

I have written a mini-review for toDoList. I was supposed to do that in Aug smiley but now it's kind of timely with the GOE - GETTING ORGANIZED EXPERIMENT. It's here:

http://www.academicproductivity.com/blog/

I wanted to start this blog (it has been in the back-burner for a while), and also test the new microsoft write post editor. Plus, I find that I spend quite a while mucking around with the code in this textbox, so all the circumstances converged.

I really like this program (as can be seen in the review smiley )
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 01:38:49 PM by urlwolf » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:26:44 PM »

fantastic mini review!
blog looks excellent too, going to bookmark and visit regularly  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:58:28 PM »

Love the quote from "wakeywakey" at the end of the review. The review itself was very interesting as well and I'll be giving To Do List a try.

Thanks very much.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 01:12:01 AM »

nice review, urlwolf. i was thinking about gantt charts so i'm pleaseed to see that GanttProject can be used with ToDoList.  question is: will i now try using them? possibly...
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 03:54:28 AM »

Thanks for sharing urlwolf. You went the extra mile in showing how to simplify the program, too.

- zaine (on Google+)
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:51:28 PM »

I've started using this (in a very basic way so far) in association with the GOExperiment here.

I've been trying to print off a copy of my "Action List":
If you just print it off it's pretty much unreadable.
It prints in html format.  I did get a style sheet here but have no control over the size of print, so, what is visible on screen (say a list of 20 tasks - including subtasks needs 3 A4 pages or 4 A5 pages)

You can export the list to plain text or spreadsheet which might be nearer to what i want - simple to read but time consuming.
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to print out the list in a list-like manner for reference.

I did read something somewhere about a forum but couldnt find it on home page...

Tom
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »

I would also be very curious how other people are using this programme:
so far I just have the following TaskLists:

Action/To do list
Ideas list
GOE list
Texts List

but I'm unsure would i be better having all in one list - so  I can prioritize stuff*. At the moment if something from the Texts Lists needs to be done soon I add it to the Action list.
This isn't very efficient - I know/believe you can make links between tasks - is that a recommended route ?

I'm using paper for my daily-will-do list but like the coherency of this programme & am looking at combining both.

*Interesting possibility would be if one could see a list showing all tasks over a certain priority from all lists.
I think you can use reminders as well but at the moment I'm happy/prefer listing stuff by Priority and working my way through things.
One thing I do find though: a Task can have a priority of 5, while one of its subtasks has a priority of 10 - in this case I make the txt colour red to be sure i dont miss it (cause it stays down with the "fives")

Tom
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:05:07 PM »

I've started using ToDoList for fSekrit... using it to keep track of bugs (don't feel like setting up a bug tracking system just yet), features I want to add, et cetera. Certainly does make developmen a bit more managble.

When I release a new version, I make a "phony" task in the ToDoList, and move all the completed features / fixed bugs to subtasks for that task, so I can keep track of when I did what.

Here's what it currently looks like:

- carpe noctem
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 01:39:53 AM »

thanks f0dder.

I got response from db:
Search tasks over priority
Cntrl-F 
Its all there. just pick your find values

Priority Value
- Preferences>Tasks>Attributes>'Display tasks priority as being the highest of sub tasks'

and posted about this in GOE

Tom
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 01:44:01 AM »

I'm using ToDoList long time ago, and it's really great.

I use it for all my needs, work todo's, personal todo's, supermarket lists, everything that need to be remembered.

reko100
Supporting Member

Fry You!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »

Hi, I am using ToDoList now...I think its is a very easy to use app... Thmbsup

Do anyone know if it can export to any online todo list site like Tadalist, so that i can share some of my list with my team members?

Thanks,
Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.03 ]