ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

GOE - GETTING ORGANIZED EXPERIMENT - DAY 1 ASSIGNMENT

<< < (3/10) > >>

patteo:
OK, done.

Believe it or not, I actually got everything, including one of the Automatic Labeler (bought it a couple of years ago for GTD- but hardly used - now if I can only find the batteries) and I must admit, I have been looking for amongst my things for many weeks (- so much for organization) and have just found because we have a Sunday deadline. Now one more thing off my mind.

nudone:
just letting you know, I haven't really done anything yet regarding the first assignment. I've got stuff lying around the place that I'm sure I can use but I'm waiting for the Sunday deadline to nearly run out - I'll have it done sometime then.

You see, if I can successfully complete this GTD experiment then absolutely anyone can.

mouser:
I'm trying to go paperless for the simple reasons that (1) I'm most of the time if front of my computer, (2) I move around a lot and carrying paper is weight (3) it's hard to search, and easy to misplace (4) it is very laborious to do any timing on it (more on this later).
--- End quote ---

There are definite advantages to both - the most important thing is you make it deadly simple for you to access and update your lists, whatever you use (paper, program, index cards, etc). Do whatever you have to do so that there is no hesitation at all in updating your items.

Regarding setting aside a work area, this is going to sound a little strange, but i thought i would report on something i do.  I have a computer desk in the corner but i seem to get a bit distracted by being in a larger room with open space.  So what i have done is hung a big sheet from the ceiling down and enclosing the desk area.  This essentially creates a tiny "room" like an operating room tent, which is isolated from the rest of the room.  It seems to help my concentration substantially, like being in a study cubicle or something.  Might be worth a try for those of you who have trouble staying still and concentrating.

nudone:
haw, haw, that is crazy. but if it works then that's all that counts.

tomos:
whats an Automatic Labeler ?  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version