ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

GOE - GETTING ORGANIZED EXPERIMENT - DAY 1 ASSIGNMENT

<< < (6/10) > >>

mouser:
We want to keep this interactive, so everyone who is participating please do feel free to post even if it's just to say "yep i've organized a workspace!" and don't feel shy about it being your first post ever on our forum.  This is as good a time as any  :up:

Also, the plan we have for this project is not set in stone (though we will be posting a more elaborate roadmap soon), so please do chime in with particular areas or issues or suggestions for stuff you think would be useful to address in the upcoming months.

Currently we plan on looking at several different systems (GTD, GED, etc.), as well as different software programs, our own upcoming fun productivity toy utility, and then brainstorming our own hybrid system as a group effort here.

And if anyone knows any other "systems" they think are interesting, please post them so we can look into it.

brett:
Alright , Im still on track,
Home -Cleared desk
Work -Cleared small part of desk,

Will be going the software road. (ToDoList-CP, Stickies-zhorn)

BTW. Others that want to try a Screen PostIt note program, could do worse then trying HottNotes
http://www.hottnotes.com/
has a checklist feature that Stickies lacks

doublebogey

tomos:
thats the first time I've seen the desk timber in a while (or plywood or whatever it is!)
Thanks Mouser!

On completion I was reminded of Robert de Niro in "The Analyst", who, once he told his problem to the shrink, felt so enlightened that he thought he was sorted - me, I felt a bit like that too (who needs to do anything else now !?)

I'm unsure of the "work area" - I cleared the deskspace on my computer table cause I reckon thats where I be - so I'll be constantly reminded by seeing my todo list or index box.

Got 3" x 5" cards and am trying out the A5 templates from the hipster PDA site (todo, week-printout, month, etc.)

Also reusing an indexcard filing box of sorts that I was given at christmas to help me learn my german vocab (but I'm not a very dedicated student ... )
I decided to use the headings:

To do
Office things -    (e.g. Tidy Up!)
Help -               encouraging quotes, ideas etc.

see pic, (they are small cards - 2" x 3" inches, 5 x 7.5cm - I like the way you just put one thing on each.
Okay, off to work   :D  )

mouser:
I have to say i am loving my index card system in place of the old todo lists i used to write.
The old full page ToDo lists get messy and half completed and misplaced and just hard to keep track of.
The index cards are great: one per item, and when i complete one i can check it off and file it away.
And having a card for each item means i can shuffle them around, arrange them as a i please, and have plenty of room to write on each one.  and there is something pleasing tactiley from a 3x5" card.

Perry Mowbray:
I'll be heading down the software road as well... I'll be using ToDoList (which I've used on and off for a number of years now).

- Perry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version