ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Clipboard manager

<< < (4/8) > >>

REDONDOS:
I didn't expect so many helpful replies, thanks a lot guys! I liked ClipCache better first because it is lighter, and seems to run faster; but then I figured that it doesn't have some of the options that make ClipMate so unique (such as the Safe). Some other things are just better in ClipMate (such as searching for clips). I think I'll stick to this one.

Thanks again.

Scott:
There are also forums available for ClipMate:

http://www.thornsoft.com/phpBB2/index.php

nudone:
 :) i'm back to using clipcache already. i just prefer the way it auto minimises out of the way and i still think the little menu thing that it pops up is the nicer to work.

Scott:
I can't remember what ClipCache does to be described as "auto minimizing out of the way", but ClipMate has an option where you can have the window hide whenever it loses focus.  This mainly works for the ClipMate Explorer window.

I'm not trying to change your mind.  What suits you depends on how you use it.  I tend to copy and paste a lot of text, often formatted text, and ClipMate is really the only option for that.

nudone:
er, yeah, i think i meant have the window hide whenever it loses focus.

i suspected clipmate would do it but probably didn't give it long enough to find out.

looks like i'll be trying out clipmate again. oh well, bye bye clipcache for the moment.

the truth is i probably don't do enough with either of these programs for it to matter which one i use - hence the eternal swapping around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version