topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bryce 5 Free Till Sept. 6th  (Read 8363 times)

Cloq

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bryce 5 Free Till Sept. 6th
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:18 PM »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bryce 5 Free Till Sept. 6th
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:10 PM »
Coolness, but from the sounds of it, it lacks much of the original content that shipped with the original version. . .

It's now even easier to create breathtakingly realistic 3D landscapes and animations with Bryce. For a limited time, DAZ is pleased to offer Bryce 5 software absolutely FREE!* Now through September 6, 2006, download Bryce 5 for no charge at Download.com. Once you have completed your installation, you will be prompted to register your copy at the DAZ3D.com website to receive your Bryce 5 serial number. At that time, you'll also be able to download the Bryce 5 presets. Strike an optimum balance between power and ease of use by integrating this innovative 3D software into your creative process.

This DAZ special offer is available only at Download.com and will absolutely end on September 6, 2006! So don't delay in picking up this gift of one of the finest landscaping and animation software applications available anywhere.

*An extensive collection of Bryce 5 original content is available as part of a special Bryce 5 Content Pack in the DAZ web store. [Emphasis added]

NOTE: Bryce 5.0 does not run under Mac OS X Tiger (Mac OS 10.4 and above).

It's only $10 though, so that's not too bad if you want that content pack.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Nice find - plus you can upgrade to the full version of Bryce 5.5 for $19.99 !! And then presumably upgrade to version 6 which is on its way.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Also, after you register you are given access to be able to download a non-C/NET, non-downloads.com version of Bryce 5.

The advantage of this is that it doesn't need the machine ID-based activation.  I believe this is probably a wise thing to do in case you want to install it on a replacement machine in the future, and the activation website is no longer supported.

To install the non-C/NET version you still need a serial number which is the portion of the activation code you're given on the web before the first ':' (colon character).  It is *not* the whole activation code you use for the Downloads.com version.  That may not make much sense right now, but it probably will once you see the activation code you get from the web.

It's a pretty big download - I don't know if it includes any of the content Deozaan mentioned or not.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:00 PM »
This is awesome! I used bryce 5 many years ago and made a couple cool animations... I've got the "free" version, but can't seem to find the non-download.com version...

BTW, long time gone, I gotta get back into this forum!

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 10:11 PM »
I've got the "free" version, but can't seem to find the non-download.com version...
Go to the "My Account" link at the top of the page and log on using the email address you used to activate the download.com version.

Then you'll have a set of links to the downloads and key(s) you have in your account.

Note that the downloads are only active for 5 or 6 days, so if it's been longer than that you'll probably have to register another instance of the download.com version, maybe using a different email address.

If you're reading this after Sept 6, then I suppose you're out of luck...  Not that it matters (unless they stop allowing activations and you want to re-install on a different machine).

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 09:08 AM »
Actually it is worth the $19.95 to buy the upgrade to the full version 5.5 !

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I've got the "free" version, but can't seem to find the non-download.com version...
Go to the "My Account" link at the top of the page and log on using the email address you used to activate the download.com version.

Then you'll have a set of links to the downloads and key(s) you have in your account.

Note that the downloads are only active for 5 or 6 days, so if it's been longer than that you'll probably have to register another instance of the download.com version, maybe using a different email address.

If you're reading this after Sept 6, then I suppose you're out of luck...  Not that it matters (unless they stop allowing activations and you want to re-install on a different machine).

Oh cool! Yeah I got it, thanks!
The download is 90mb (compared to ~47mb for the 2 files downloaded from download.com) so hopefully it's more program.

Actually it is worth the $19.95 to buy the upgrade to the full version 5.5 !
I'll definately look into that! I used 5 a tiny bit and the interface was too much (or little?) for me. Do you know 5.5 have NURBS support by chance Carol?

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Not sure - haven't had time to properly get into it all yet.

I do find the website very confusing too!