ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Converting threads for offline reading?

(1/2) > >>

rjbull:
Is there any tool or easy way to convert DC threads into something like a TreepadLite .HJT file for offline reading?

housetier:
Or maybe into some usenet-news format...

I know some mailing lists are "converting" emails into forum posts and offer a nntp(?) view too. So people who like newsreaders can do their thing, and people who prefer email can do their thing, and people who want to use forums can do their things as well.

What I am trying to say: while there might not be an export/view of the forum to treepadlite .hjt, there might be one for "something". I would assume it depends on the features of SMF (greatest forum software I have seen so far).

rjbull:
I know some mailing lists are "converting" emails into forum posts and offer a nntp(?) view too.
-housetier (August 30, 2006, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes...  TheBat!'s mailing list also offers NNTP, two flavours of Web interface, and RSS too.  I was thinking of something I could take away and read without an Internet connection, and add my own annotations to.  Something like that might be useful in making digests of very long threads.

JavaJones:
It's not ideal and only works on a thread-by-thread basis, but there's the Print button on every thread...

- Oshyan

lanux128:
i'm sure that this has already been done but i couldn't find it in the forums.. can anyone remember? if i'm not mistaken, it was done by Mobysaurus.. :)
paging for Mr. Mobysaurus..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version