ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Share your tips and comforts for dealing with the stress and fear of a pandemic

<< < (6/15) > >>

cranioscopical:
Scary though this is, we've faced worse and prevailed.

IainB:
@cranioscopical:
like backing up your computer
-mouser (March 19, 2020, 02:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried that... couldn't get it into reverse  :-[
-cranioscopical (March 19, 2020, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's your lucky day! I just did a quick search and found a workaround for that on the FFS (FreeFileSync) website. It's a $FREE addon to the app, called "FFSyncRomesh" - named after the developer, apparently (Romesh Rangarathan).
-IainB (March 19, 2020, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
What! No more double the clutching at straws?
As for RR, they do say that every lining has a Silver Cloud.
-cranioscopical (March 19, 2020, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, but it would be magical thinking to suppose that any Silver Cloud had a Merlin, as they don't.

ewemoa:
Something that I think might be comforting- words from the epidemiologist who helped defeat smallpox.

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-interview-larry-brilliant-smallpox-epidemiologist/

He gives hope that we can defeat it, steps that should be taken, and what defeat of the novel coronavirus will look like.
-wraith808 (March 20, 2020, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for this link.

mouser:
One of the most helpful things I've done is have group chat windows with my friends (dc and real life), so we can kvetch and joke and plan and comfort and worry together.
There are lots of different tools for this.. The DC web chat for dc folks, and google hangouts for my real life friends, etc.  I know some people use facebook messenger, etc.
So now might be a good time to get your family and friends set up with one of these tools if they aren't already.

Deozaan:

Where's Waldo - Social Distancing Edition

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version