ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Frustrations

<< < (7/9) > >>

Renegade:
Damn, i think that only happens because people don't actually use QuickTime EVER!
I mean, where can you find any other player that you have to pay for to be able to play movies in full screen??
-jgpaiva (September 02, 2006, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, QuickTime has passed Windows Media Player now! I suppose there are some people out there that have used it :)

For whatever reason, I have never been able to get real player to work properly on any system I have ever owned. Maybe it just hates dialup....or maybe it hates me (not as in winME  :P)
-app103 (September 02, 2006, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've always had more problems with QuickTime than with RealPlayer. But they're tied now!

Ooooh~! It's a hot race for the crappiest media player on Earth~!  8)

mouser:
oh hell yeah, let me go vote and get my licks in on quicktime.. that program annoys me. >:(

Baseman:
It's all very well buying software that's going to be of good use, but what get's me going, no sooner have you purchased it and a new version comes out although you don't have to pay the full price you still have to pay part of it for an upgrade...(Raw Deal)....

Renegade:
It's all very well buying software that's going to be of good use, but what get's me going, no sooner have you purchased it and a new version comes out although you don't have to pay the full price you still have to pay part of it for an upgrade...(Raw Deal)....
-Baseman (September 03, 2006, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most good software publishers give free upgrades if you purchased in the last so many months. But I know what you mean... It's really annoying.

There's one piece of software that I use that I'll always pay upgrades for because the guy has awesome upgrade policies - free or 20%. I buy his software without even trying it. (I can't mention who here because this is a public forum - prying eyes and all...)

My unofficial upgrade policy is to make it free. However, if I need to cover patent royalties, I can't do that, so I can't have a "free upgrade" policy. Kind of sucks, but that's life.

oh hell yeah, let me go vote and get my licks in on quicktime.. that program annoys me. >:(
-mouser (September 03, 2006, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! Very much! I can't even run the program on my box here, but it will run in Firefox for some reason. Just wierd.

Also - I've received request for a S***ware Hardware section and a S***ware Web Sites section and they are both up :)

Have at it~!

Peace, Love, and Eternal Ranting,

Ryan

mrainey:
What's the name of a really good media player?  What makes it so good?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version