ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Frustrations

<< < (4/9) > >>

nudone:
nice idea. just wish i could think of some software that i really hate - really can't think of anything at the moment.

zridling:
nudone, have you tried AOL lately or iTunes in the past few years? If not, meet me in the parking lot and let me slam the car door on your hand several times. Not only will you take up loud cursing, you'll know what it feels like to install those disasters on your system.  :D

Renegade, how about an "install/uninstall" section? Oh Vishnu, don't get me started on apps that toss a hundred or more entries to the Registry!

nudone:
AOL i just avoid, only time i see it is when it's on someone else's computer - as for itunes, yep, i do hate what i've seen and experienced.

[thoughts now forming in my head of software i do actually hate...]

Renegade:
Renegade, how about an "install/uninstall" section? Oh Vishnu, don't get me started on apps that toss a hundred or more entries to the Registry!
-zridling (August 31, 2006, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't want to complicate things any more than necessary, so install/uninstall should probably just go in the software part. The support part is just for dealing with humans that behave like ****ware :)

But doesn't that just FEEL GOOD to get out some of all that frustration!

As for the registry - I just don't get it. Why use it? Personally I prefer to do everything in an XML file and save that rather than go into the registry. It's easier to deal with and cleaner. It's also more portable for an XCOPY installation.

I really wish there were a good alternative to iTunes for an iPod. My entire music selection got erased from my iPod  >:( But what is there to say? Oh... I know - Mikey said it!

Cheers,

Ryan

app103:
have you tried AOL lately
 -zridling (August 31, 2006, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

hahaha...that was what my spontaneously combusted post was about...some really hilarious examples of what they call 'tech support'  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version