ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Frustrations

<< < (8/9) > >>

Renegade:
There are a few that I like for certain things:

Music Match Jukebox - For the alarm clock
ALSong - For the playlist & lyrics
Windows Media Player - For the flexibility
ALShow - For video files, ease, and smooth playback
RealPlayer - For RealMedia files
GDT - For learning music (Gee... - Didn't see that one coming, did ya? :) )

There are other good ones of course. Those are just the ones that I like to use most.

ravenlaughs:
Woh, I think I might add something to my faves. I started a blacklist during one phase of one of my former websites. A programmer actually e-mailed me to say that he had fixed the booger I shightlisted him for, so I took his prog off.

I learned to hack the registry within a month or two of having my own computer because of something that wasn't worth keeping that left a file association mucked up. I have had to delete files from DOS to get back into Windwoez after a cr@ppy uninstall. I know all the words. I use a choice few plus inarticulate screams.

Recently I rehabilitated an old machine that was very sick with "Norton flu" - it was so slow that you had to wait all day to make a shortcut on the desktop.

One of my biggest gripes in "bewareware" is bundled software.

Oh, and I have a thread in another forum entitled "Bad stupid idiotic moronic useless vain bloated gassy webpages" where I post links to anything that takes five minutes to load or can't be read without 20-20 vision and a wall-size monitor. And I hate Flash  :P

Renegade:
Could I ask a favor of a few people?

After a vanity search, I saw that a few people were Digging s***ware.net. Would anyone mind Digging it as well? Digg here.  ;)

Thanks

app103:
Dugg it and posted it to 3 blogs, one of which was my own personal one.

Renegade:
Dugg it and posted it to 3 blogs, one of which was my own personal one.
-app103 (September 05, 2006, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most Excellent! Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version