Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 07:17:56 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: RSS Feeds for DonationCoder.com and this Forum  (Read 314583 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:48 PM »

I've added some new parameters to make it easier for people to stick a useful widget-like feed on their website using an rss system.

with the sa=recent action listing RECENT POSTS, you can now add parameters:
u=4,5,6 (this says show all recent posts by users # 4,5, or 6)
tu=10,11 (this says show all recent posts made on topics started by users #10 or 11)
tl=1000,2000 (this says show all recent posts made on topics #1000 or 2000)

with the sa=news action which lists recent TOPICS, you can now add parameters:
u=4,5,6 (this says show all recent topics by users # 4,5, or 6)

Rss feeds now also obey same nofollow rules as posts.

Enjoy!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »

Let me know if anyone uses the rss feed on their web page  thumbs up
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »

I have a dynamic blogroll that relies on RSS...

Every time a new thread is started on DC, it rises to top of the list, with a link to the thread, as a well as one to the main page of the forum. (I also have the DC blog added, too)

5 most recently updated blogs & forums are shown, along with a link to expand & show all. A very nice widget that Google recently added for use only on Blogspot blogs.

(I wouldn't click to show all on my blog, though...unless you have a lot of time to kill)

scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 04:18:56 AM »

Thanks to Yahoo! Pipes we have a Spanish version of the Blogs and Posts feeds!

--

Gracias a Yahoo! Pipes tenemos una versión en Español de los feeds del Blog y del Foro!

http://pipes.yahoo.com/scancode/dcblog
http://pipes.yahoo.com/scancode/dcforo

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 04:25:10 AM »

Hey that is very cool.
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »

Not to rain in the parade, but automatic translations have not got any better in 10 years cheesy
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 03:47:10 AM »

u=4,5,6 (this says show all recent posts by users # 4,5, or 6)

This is handy for anyone that uses FriendFeed, allowing you to add your posts here on DC to your lifestream.

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 03:20:44 AM »

Could you change the autodiscovery rss feed button to subscribe to what you're looking at mouser?
for example for this topic:
http://www.donationcoder....limit=10;tl=496;type=rss2 to subscribe to just this topic.

If you're looking at the category listing on the forum homepage you can subscribe to the whole forum. Also on the boards listing change the link to subscribe to the board. that would make the feedicon after the url in firefox more useful.

At the moment when I want to subscribe to a topic I have to hack together an URL if I understand it correctly, so that's not ideal.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 06:49:41 AM »

good idea.. shouldnt be too hard.
sgtevmckay
Supporting Member

Magis Esse

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 07:20:59 PM »

Helped greatly, thanks
ayryq
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »

Subscribing to the blog doesn't work for me at all. I'm using feeddemon. The URL I'm using is
[copy or print]
http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=.xml%3Blimit=10%3Bsa=blogs%3Btype=rss2
I see a list of posts from the day I signed up, and no new ones since. My most recent post is from March 2 - Comic Strip Generator - which now that I look I don't think it appeared on the blog. I subscribed by using the link on http://donationcoder.com/blog/.

Help?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »

anyone else having this rss reader problem?  anyone else using feeddemon?
bob99
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »

I was having the same problem but it seems to be better since I turned off "Synchronize this folder with NewsGator" under edit/folder properties.
I'll know better after I see if this post is picked up and how fast.  Just installed FeedDemon 2.7 earlier today.  I'm new to using RSS Feed readers so I need to make sure it isn't mostly operator error 1st.  embarassed
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 07:56:50 PM »

I want author and forum name in the feed items.
ayryq
Participant

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 04:47:47 PM »

I turned off "Synchronize this folder with NewsGator" under edit/folder properties

bob99, that did the trick. Weird. Thanks.

Eric
bob99
Supporting Member

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »

Glad it helped!
I first tried making the change in the main subscriptions folder but it didn't seem to help much.  So I looked under properties of each of the invididual sub-folders they were still checked. Unchecked a couple of those and increased the update frequency and those folders update on their own instead of waiting for the feed to come from NewsGator.
I'm sure the sync tool is a nice feature for people who want to be able to check their feeds from different computers.  But my notebook is close enough where I am at home or on the road when I want to check, so it isn't a feature I really need.
To tell whether the folder is synched, look at the lower left corner of the sub-folder.  If there is what looks like to be a small orange circle, it is still synched.  A normal looking folder, it isn't.

Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »

You should add a help icon near the RSS feed icon at the bottom of this forum.  I think many people will not realize they can tweak the feed.  I forgot how to change the limit and remember that DC had done something in the past for it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:08:04 AM by Veign » Logged

HankFriedman
Supporting Member

A computer nerd whose also a psychic & astrologer

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »

Please excuse my ignorance on RSS feeds, but can you provide me with a link for having RSS feeds for newly added items to the:

Found Deals and Discounts

section of the website?

thank you very much
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 01:10:18 AM »

Please excuse my ignorance on RSS feeds, but can you provide me with a link for having RSS feeds for newly added items to the:

Found Deals and Discounts

section of the website?

there you go..  smiley
DonationCoder.com - Found Deals and Discounts
http://www.donationcoder....oard=39;type=rss;limit=10

CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 02:59:19 AM »

Thanks for that!  Thmbsup

If you need help - JUST ASK!
HankFriedman
Supporting Member

A computer nerd whose also a psychic & astrologer

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »

Thanks from Hank, too
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »

Some of the posts get truncated in the feed. Is there some maximum length set somewhere?

nalgamja
Participant

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 03:59:30 AM »

hello~~^&^
no``speak english....
에고... 영어를 모르니 뭐라고 해야하는지 모르겠네.....
nalgamja
Participant

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 04:01:22 AM »

혹시 한국사람없소~~!!
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »

hello~~^&^
no``speak english....
에고... 영어를 모르니 뭐라고 해야하는지 모르겠네.....
혹시 한국사람없소~~!!

Anyone here speak Korean?

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF