ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

The exponential rate at which you seem aquire programming knowledge.

<< < (2/2)

Eóin:
I must say I really like that saying and think it is very relevant. For example there was a time, about six years ago when I was an avid assembly programmer and thought I knew everything there was to know about programming. It's only since then that I've come to embrace such very basic concepts such as exceptions or proper algorithm choice. At least today I have the experience to see just a glimpse of how much there is out there for me to still learn.

mouser:
most experts seem to pass through a stage where they think they know everything, and then only as they keep learning to they realize how much they don't yet know.

another way to say it is that an expert knows what they don't know.

unfortunately i've notices that when you get to that stage it can be almost debilitating.  it's easier to write a paper on something when you think you know it all.  once you get to the stage where you can see all these gaps in what you know it's hard to write a sentence without feeling the need to add 10 footnotes qualifying it.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version