ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ribbon vs. Toolbar, round 2

(1/3) > >>

zridling:
The Office 2007 ribbon has been memed to death by now, but how can you lie about something so obvious as the size of the ribbon as Marc Orchant seems to do? It ain't smaller! Here's more on the subject in response to March Orchant's claim (lie!) that it takes up 5-8 pixels less than the Office 2003 toolbar. See for yourself and ask what he's looking at:

. . .

Thank goodness I can hide that ridiculous monstrosity. As for Office 2007's keyboard shortcuts, this is the mess they created:

. . .

app103:
The more I see & hear about Office 2007, the more I want to hang on to my Office 97, 602 Pro, Wordpad, and/or MS Works 8.

And it's so blue.  :down:

(blue used to be my fav color till I got Windows 98...too many BSOD's have made me hate the color ever since)

zridling:
You can change it to black or silver, and I think when it's released, several other colors.

f0dder:
Those screens look pretty ugly :-s

I'm holding on to my Office2000... one of the better versions, pretty fast even on my old pmmx-200/64meg (and on that hardware, you can REALLY feel how sluggish OpenOffice is >_<).

zridling:
Except for live preview, I've yet to see any real advantage to Office 2007, which obscures the programs' power features. Been using the beta since it was released and god I hate the freakin' ribbon. It's like computing for 5-year-olds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version