ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

<< < (21/25) > >>

tomos:
Really?  Because I downloaded and installed from the link on page 1 of this thread after reading your post on March 11, 2020, 03:54 PM (6 posts above this one) and there's been no further update announcement.  Is there a more official thread to get beta release notes and links?
-djMot (March 13, 2020, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
hi djMot
my CHS exe (ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe) downloaded from that link is dated 2020-03-11 21:45
Version number is 2.48.2
(Looking at my troubleshooting log, there's seems to have been two versions of 2.48.2)

Could be that it was in your browsers cache and you got an older version that way. Apparently that can happen.

tomos:
This is probably known but report in case not:
Russian text is saved properly, and does paste properly, but is not displayed correctly in the quick-paste menu:

Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

I'm presuming that's because CHS itself not unicode...

mouser:
Yeah that's due to the old code not supporting unicode.  But as you say, the actual paste will be good.

mouser:
New version uploaded.  I put in some better code for letting me add new (and update old) built-in virtual groups.  You should see a new "Virtual Groups" node in your left hand group tree.

mouser:
Major new feature, a custom advanced rule system to control what formats get saved:

The idea is that advanced users can use this feature to have CHS ignore formats that are unneeded and take up too much space, or keep a mostly text database with only a few exceptions where you want more formats, etc.

You could either set the default action to be to store all clipboard formats, and then just set a rule for blocking certain ones, or do the opposite, set the default action to reject all formats, and just set a rule to capture the rare ones you care about.

Just make sure you enable the formats in the main capture tab too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version