ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Legally Buy & Download Music Easily - Is it even possible any more?

(1/6) > >>

tomos:
Looking for a site where I can legally buy, and easily download music, idealy of very high quality.
(No, I dont want to pay monthly for whatever music service.)

Occasionally I buy music from Bandcamp -- it's great but most of the music I want isn't there.

So I've been using Amazon(.de) --
on PC you *can* download bought music, but on Android it's a royal pain. They really want you to pay for amazon music unlimited or whatever it's called. Their next best bet is that you only use the amazon music app to play your music. It's diffcult to download the music, it's very difficult to find it and move it. So I want to give my money to someone who caters to my needs. Amazon isn't doing that.

So, anyone know of a site where I can legally buy, and easily download music, idealy of very high quality ?
TIA for any suggestions

tomos:
I'm open to tips how to workaround amazons PITA experience, but would really love another, better option...

wraith808:
Bandcamp and Beatport are my two places.

tomos:
Beatport
-wraith808 (January 09, 2020, 09:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
that's new to me thanks

KynloStephen66515:
Looking for a site where I can legally buy, and easily download music, idealy of very high quality.
(No, I dont want to pay monthly for whatever music service.)

Occasionally I buy music from Bandcamp -- it's great but most of the music I want isn't there.

So I've been using Amazon(.de) --
on PC you *can* download bought music, but on Android it's a royal pain. They really want you to pay for amazon music unlimited or whatever it's called. Their next best bet is that you only use the amazon music app to play your music. It's diffcult to download the music, it's very difficult to find it and move it. So I want to give my money to someone who caters to my needs. Amazon isn't doing that.

So, anyone know of a site where I can legally buy, and easily download music, idealy of very high quality ?
TIA for any suggestions
-tomos (January 09, 2020, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Spotify Premium allows you to download any track you want (ofc, if you have a subscription) and play it in offline mode.  My Mrs uses it all the time and it's honestly not that bad.  If you have any access to a student email address, you can get it for half price too (with like 6 months free), which is nice. Compared to how much you could potentially spend buying on a "per-track" basis, subscriptions may actually work out much better (a quick look on a few sites showed me that single tracks cost between £2 and £5...but Spotify costs £10/month for as many as you want lol).

There's also other subscription services such as TIDAL (Very handy if you have your own Plex setup, and works on basically every device you can think of).  I wasn't much of a fan of Amazon Music as they didn't have a lot of the music I wanted to listen to.  Google Play Music is damn decent too, and again, offers an "offline" mode where you can download all your tracks to listen to wherever you want.

So honestly, unless you want the MP3 files specifically for burning onto a CD or whatever, I'd personally say Subscription services are better in the long run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version