i'm looking for a tool that will allow me to schedule volunteers for a task, which is quite mundane, therefore needs orderly rotation to avoid any *unpleasantries*...
this is what it needs to do:
1. from a pre-defined list, assign one person a day for 5 days of the week. (Mon-Fri)
2. if the person is not available, then skip to the next person, the rest moving up a notch automatically.
3. allow members to change their assigned day among themselves.
4. take into account any holidays (also pre-defined) and blank-out that particular date.
5. able to schedule for a month ahead, if possible.
6. if the list can be printed or even output to a text file, then even better.
basically that's it. i have tried out several scheduling/calendar programs but this feature is not be seen. i have also tried several Excel templates recommended to me but they are not as interactive as i'd like them to be.. so, i'm hoping to find a solution here among the DC community. don't worry, there's definitely some DC credits in it.