ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mousers Media Browser

Mouser's Media Browser v2 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (11/19) > >>

mouser:
The virtual date tree system I am going to write would make it pretty easy for me to filter things into different virtual folders..
Theoretically I could add a feature that created virtual folders for images based on the keyword "tags" in the (png/jpg) image files, plus add a feature that let you add keyword tags to images.

However, it would *incredibly* slow down the program to scan the files for tags (loading each image), and the only way to make that acceptable would be to cache information for unchanged files between runs, would would involve using a kind of persistent cache/database system.. And i'm not so keen on going down that road.  If there weren't so many good heavy duty image management tools out there it would be worth doing..

tomos:
^would it be any easier if it just stuck for one session -- or even for one viewing of the folder.
Here's a scenario:
scroll through a few hundred images, finding a couple here and there you want to e.g move or edit or both. Tag them as you view them. Before moving on to another folder, you copy/move/whatever tagged images.
You move to another folder, those images now no longer tagged.

mouser:
Let me think on it..

mouser:
So I've finally got my virtual date tree working -- this it the main feature I had planned for this program when I first started coding it.  Still needs a bit of tweaking but here's a screenshot to show the basic idea:

The left hand tree is *NOT* a directory structure.. It has scanned the root directory specified and then created a virtual folder tree organized by year/month (i could do by day too for heavy photographers).
Clicking on a year will let you browse all images from that year, or click on a month to narrow down by that).
The numbers on the right are the number of files in each "virtual" collection.

tomos:
^ That looks very impressive mouser :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version