> One of my longstanding real pet peeves with irfanview is its
> absolute insistence on Save As starting in the last directory
> you saved into, rather that the current directory holding the
Have you looked at Cottonwood Software's payware, File-Ex?http://www.cottonwoodsw.com/welcome.html
I've only briefly looked at it. Here's their blurb;
"File-Ex saves valuable time and mouse clicks...
- Automatically enhances almost all Windows applications, saving you valuable time.
- Larger file window reduces scrolling clicks by up to 90%.
- Re-opens the last folder used so you don't have to hunt for it each time you open a file.
- Default to the sorting you like, and have it remember the column widths in details view.
- Remembers 100 recent and favorite folders / files, reducing clicks to the file you need.
- Create and open a new folders with fewer steps -- opens to the new folder automatically.
- Built-in Find tool searches all of your hard drives for files. "
I wish it automatically put the cursor on the last file you used, but they've had more than one request for that so maybe it will come.