ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

HD noise distracting

<< < (2/3) > >>

mitzevo:
Well my laptop honestly sounds like a vacumm.. I want to get rid of it...
it's a pcg-k33 any one wanna buy? lol

it also acts like a heater.. it pumps out so much hot air  :huh:

JavaJones:
Which newer solid-state disks are those and what are the access times and transfer rates? ;)

- Oshyan

f0dder:
Which newer solid-state disks are those and what are the access times and transfer rates? ;)
-JavaJones (September 29, 2006, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Haven't seen any benchmarks, but this is the one I was thinking about. I also think somebody mentioned it here at DC not too long ago. Well, there's an italian article that I butchered up with babelfish, as far as I can tell we're speaking 50MB/s xfer rates, and insanely low access/seek time. And a pricetag of $950 >_<

JavaJones:
Oho, nice! I hadn't expected anything that good given the performance of other devices based on similar tech. I wonder if the improvement is due to parallelization or something. Anyway pricey, but it seems like it might be to a reasonable level even within a year or so, which is awesome. Especially for people like a friend of mine who are extremely sensitive to noise. :)

- Oshyan

f0dder:
Much less noise, much faster speed (fragmentation basically becomes irrelevant), less heat, less power consumption, no chance of mechanical failures. I wouldn't mind one of those for my primary drive (windows + apps + source/documents + a few games), then move everything else to a NAS or DAS(?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version