ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Great Software List Site Gets a Big Update

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
From zaine ridling (one of our favorite members!) who runs the Great Software List:

But after sinking time into almost 150 apps over the past five months, the Great Software List is now updated with some kickass apps! I added a new Usenet, P2P/File Sharing Tools section, found/updated 40 fantastic new programs, and managed to ditch 65 old ones for various reasons — unaddressed security issues, lack of development, overpriced in latest version, somehow it got shitty, and so on. I’m excited and completely exhausted.

--- End quote ---

The Great Software List Website: http://www.anova.org/software/

Woot  :Thmbsup:

nudone:
congratulations, Zaine.

zridling:
Thanks guys! I went on a caffeine and chocolate bender for about five days to get it updated. I'd been working with tons of programs throughout the summer and finally pulled it together. Next up, a smaller, prettier front page to the site that categorizes all the apps on one page for a quick glance of what is where. I haven't worked out the exact design yet, but it will look good and be much easier to see what programs I have listed without having to surf through eight separate pages or one long alphabetized list. (You'll still be able to do both, but KenR has given me some good ideas for the rest of this year.)

I'm thinking of dropping the RSS feed since I have to manually update that, and man, that's a time sink.

Josh:
Zaine, I must compliment you on the work you've put into this site. I am truely impressed with it.

BrokenNails:
I'm not sure which was better - the delight in discovering that Zaine's excellent list had received a major update or the surprise to click on a thread on a software website and spot a pic of one of NZ's favourite sons Chris Cairns!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version